Sweet and creamy, Hot Fudge Malt Dip is just what your weekend BBQ needs! It pairs perfectly with your favorite fruits, vanilla wafers or pretzels!
In high school, one of my really good friends worked at DQ. Whenever I would go into visit her, she would make me the best hot fudge blizzard (I’m sure it also included some kind of candy bar, but I can’t remember what). To this day my preferred ice cream topping is hot fudge, chocolate syrup just doesn’t hold a candle to it’s rich, thick, fudge-y goodness. Hot fudge, malt powder and chopped malted milk balls are a divine combo.
Dessert dips are super convenient for serving at gatherings and parties, you lay out a few dippers and hungry people can enjoy as much or as little as they like 🙂 We loved this with apples and strawberries, vanilla wafers, chocolate animal crackers and pretzel spoons. This dip got rave reviews at our end of the year homeschool co-op party, in fact, I saw one girl walking down the hall with some on her plate and just a spoon beside it. Ha! That’s the best testament to its deliciousness – perfectly spoonable on its own!!
- 8 oz. block CREAM CHEESE
- 4 Tablespoons MALTED MILK POWDER
- ½ cup HOT FUDGE
- 8 oz. WHIPPED TOPPING, thawed
- 1 cup MALTED MILK BALLS, coarsely chopped + more for garnish
- For dipping - assorted fruit, vanilla wafers, pretzels, graham crackers
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add malted milk powder and hot fudge, beat until combined.
- Fold in whipped topping and chopped malted milk balls.
- Chill covered until serving, garnish with additional malted milk balls.
More dips for dessert…
This post is being shared at Weekend Potluck