Caramel Blossoms – an easy, impressive and quite possibly the perfect cookie!
You guys…this cookie is simple and delicious enough to impress perfect strangers. We had a surplus of Hershey’s Kisses at our house last week after Valentine’s Day and I knew if they sat around my kids would be asking for them constantly. So I decided to bake with them. I had a Duncan Hines Caramel Cake Mix in the pantry and decided to see if it would work like ‘peanut butter blossoms’. And now I’m happy to introduce you to my new favorite cookie (I never thought I’d say that about something that started with a box mix!).
This cookie has a deep caramel flavor with strong brown sugar and almost maple goodness to it. The texture is very similar to the classic pb blossom and is so perfect with the chocolate kiss on top. They stay soft for a few days and I really enjoyed them shortly after they came out of the oven while the chocolate is still melt-y…milk is an absolute requirement for these babies 🙂
- 1 box DUNCAN HINES CARAMEL CAKE MIX
- ½ cup BUTTER, room temperature
- 1 EGG
- HERSHEY'S KISSES, unwrapped (approx. 30)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, combine cake mix, butter and egg.
- Scoop dough into 1 Tablespoon sized balls and place on baking sheet. Press down slightly with your hand.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until slightly puffed and the edges start to crack.
- Press a Hershey's Kiss into the middle of each cookie immediately after removing from the oven.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.