The perfect variation of a Thanksgiving classic – Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Pie is a simple yet impressive dessert!
Fact: Try as I may, I have a table full of selective eaters every single day. (this does not include my husband…that guy will eat almost anything!)
Fact: Most of the food I serve (and later blog about) is frowned upon by at least one (sometimes 4!) youngsters
Fact: Getting the whole house to enjoy the same thing (even if it’s dessert) is a triumph in my book…that means it can be a family favorite and can be included in our family’s traditions
I said all that to say this…all 4 of those selective eaters ate all of this pie and begged for more!! Astounding to say the least. And my pie loving husband said this pie shot to the top of his “favorite pie” list (which also includes this pecan pie and cranberry pear pie).
Seriously, the ingredient list is short and the results – a creamy, layered and delightful pie. I even made my own dulce de leche (it’s caramelized sweetened condensed milk that you can make at home or buy from the grocery store). This pie is our new favorite…whipped cream highly recommended!
- PASTRY FOR A SINGLE CRUST PIE
- 1 8 oz. block CREAM CHEESE, softened
- 4 Tablespoons DULCE DE LECHE
- 1 EGG
- 1¼ cups PUMPKIN PUREE
- ½ cup EVAPORATED MILK
- 2 EGGS
- ⅓ cup SUGAR
- 1½ teaspoons PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- Prepare pastry for a 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Chill until ready to fill.
- Beat together cream cheese and 2 Tablespoons of dulce de leche, add 1 egg and mix well. Spread evenly in crust and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin puree, remaining dulce de leche, evaporated milk, 2 eggs, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Pour over cream cheese layer*.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until center is set. Cover edges loosely with foil if they start to get too brown. Cool on a wire baking rack and serve with whipped cream.
Recipe Source: BHG Baking
All Butter Pie Crust Tutorial from Crazy for Crust
Toffee Cream Pie from Kitchen Meets Girl
Coconut Chocolate Pecan Pie from Let’s Dish
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie from Budget Gourmet Mom
Turtle Cheesecake Pie from Hoosier Homemade