Your favorite Girl Scout cookies meets your morning muffin in this Thin Mint Streusel Muffins recipe!
There are few things better than a warm muffin alongside a steaming, hot cup of coffee. They go together so well, in fact, I’ve considered telling my husband that he’s the muffin to my morning coffee because some things should just be together.
So this muffin, this muffin…absolutely incredible. A buttery vanilla muffin full of Thin Mint cookie chunks and topped with Thin Mint cookie streusel…there are few words to describe this amazing-ness. The only way you’re going to know is to make them yourself! Serve them with coffee, of course, for breakfast or brunch. They’d also make a fun lunchbox treat or after school snack. Seriously, just do it!
Thin Mint Streusel Muffins are your favorite Girl Scout cookie for breakfast! Perfect with your morning coffee!
- 2 cups FLOUR
- 2 1/2 teaspoons BAKING POWDER
- 1 cup SUGAR
- 1/2 cup BUTTER, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- 2 EGGS
- 1/2 cup MILK
- 16 THIN MINT (or Grasshopper) COOKIES, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons BUTTER, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons SUGAR
- 2 Tablespoons FLOUR
- 6 THIN MINT (or Grasshopper) COOKIES, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 12 count muffin tin by lining with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and butter until well combined. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until completely combined.
- Add in flour mixture and mix on low. Pour in milk and continue to mix until evenly incorporated. Fold in the cookies and divide mixture evenly among muffin cups. (I used a standard ice cream scoop to make this job easy.)
- In a small bowl, combine streusel ingredients with a fork at first and then use your fingers to rub the mixture together to form bigger 'crumbs'. Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm with coffee.
More muffins to love…
Blueberry Muffins with Creamy Lime Glaze
Amy @Very Culinary says
Last year, I made the mistake of only ordering 2 boxes of the thin mints. So, this year I ordered 4. It still isn’t enough! BUT, I’m pretty sure I still have 16 left in order to make these. Score!
Amy @Very Culinary recently posted..Easy Pound Cake Tiramisu for #PoundCakeDay
Maggie Unzueta @ Mama Maggie's Kitchen says
Love mint. Love mint. Did I mention I LOVE mint? 🙂 pinning…
Christie - Food Done Light says
Ohhhh! I know these are going to be good. I love thin mints and can just imagine how delicious they taste in a muffin.
Christie – Food Done Light recently posted..Sauteed Radishes with Pancetta
This looks delicious! I mean, first off it’s thin mints, but as a muffin? Genius!
Kayla recently posted..Tested Tuesday: Shine Away Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask
These are the best of all the worlds! Muffins with streusel and extra dose of thin mints! Love it!
Nicole, RD says
I’m a firm believer in turning all of my favorite ingredients into a muffin variety! Winner, winner!! Drooooooool 🙂
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
I am head over heels in love with these!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life says
Cookies for breakfast? I think I love you 🙂 You are a girl after my own heart!!! (I have a similar but different recipe coming soon too)
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Sesame Ginger Chicken