Yes, you can make bread at home. It’s really nothing to be afraid of. This recipe for Farmhouse Bread is simple to make and the results are extremely delicious!
I made this bread a few years back and I’d kind of forgotten about it. Several weeks ago, I pulled the recipe out because I had a hankerin’ for a slice of homemade bread slathered in butter. I’ve made it at least once a week since…we’re using it for making toast, sandwiches, just eating with butter or alongside a bowl of soup.
One day that I’d made it, I sent some home with a friend who came to drop something off to us. Later I got a text saying how much their entire family loved this bread and was blessed by my small gesture of sending it home with them. You just never know how much impact little things like that can have. I encourage you today to spread some love by doing small things. I love that this recipe makes two loaves, you know, in case you know someone that needs the gift of homemade bread 😉
Bloglovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+
- 3 cups BREAD FLOUR
- ⅓ cup HONEY
- ¼ cup CANOLA OIL
- 1 Tablespoon SALT
- 4½ teaspoons ACTIVE DRY YEAST
- 2¼ cup WARM WATER
- 3 cups ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 Tablespoon OLIVE OIL
- In a large bowl, combine bread flour, honey, canola oil, salt and yeast.
- Add warm water to the bowl and stir together until combined.
- Mix in 1 cup of all purpose flour at a time until the dough is mixed together.
- Knead by hand or with a dough hook for about 5 minutes until smooth.
- Coat the inside of a large bowl with olive oil and put the dough in it. Cover with a dish towel and set in a warm place to rise for about an hour or until double in size.
- Grease two loaf pans. Divide dough into 2 equal portions and shape each piece into a rectangle and roll up into a loaf shape and place into pans.
- Cover the pans loosely and let rise again for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place bread in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden.
- Let cool in pans for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Recipe Source: Bran Appetit
More for the bread basket…
Maple Cinnamon Cream Crescent Rolls
The perfect bread for breakfast with a glass of milk!