A cookie that screams FALLLLLLLLL! Maple Drops are simple to make and perfect for any occasion!
If I had to choose between maple and chocolate say as a donut frosting…I would, hands down, choose maple everytime. I don’t know when maple became my fave, but it is. This simple, little cookie is quite a gem. Its soft, almost biscuit-like texture pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea and absolutely reminds me of fall. And since fall f-i-n-a-l-l-y decided to blow in this week, it’s the right time to make these!
I came across this recipe in an Amish cookbook that I picked up at a thrift store and the minute I saw the recipe, it shot straight to the top of my must-make-list (Do you have one of those? If not, you totally should!) I truly adore cookies that are simple to make and a recipe that makes a large batch is super awesome. These cookies can be frozen before you add the glaze, simply whisk up the glaze and add to your thawed cookies when you’re ready and you have a sweet treat on hand for any occasion…I’m thinking fall parties, holiday cookie trays or any day of the week that ends in -day. Topping with sprinkles is optional, but my kids loved them 😉
Bloglovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+
- 1 cup BROWN SUGAR
- 1 cup BUTTER, room temperature
- 3 EGGS
- ½ teaspoon SALT
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- 1 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 teaspoon MAPLE EXTRACT
- 5 cups FLOUR
- ½ cup MILK
- 2 Tablespoons BUTTER, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon MAPLE EXTRACT
- 2+ Tablespoons MILK or HALF & HALF
- 1½ cups POWDERED SUGAR
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat together sugar, butter and eggs until fluffy.
- Add salt, baking soda, baking powder and extracts. Mix well.
- Add milk. Slowly add flour, one cup at a time. Mix until just combined.
- Drop onto baking sheets using a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cool completely before glazing.
- Whisk together butter, maple extract and 2 Tablespoons of milk (or half & half). Add powdered sugar. Whisk to mix well. Add a little more milk if needed to make a more spreadable consistency. Glaze cooled cookies. Top with sprinkles if desired.
For all of you maple lovers….
Maple Cinnamon Cream Crescent Rolls