This light and fluffy, 4 ingredient dessert dip is perfect for fall’s fresh, crisp apples –
Candy Bar Apple Dip – you’re gonna love it!
Two years ago I was introduced to this fabulous caramel apple dip – it’s always the hit of the party and a cinch to make. And thanks to Pinterest, one of our most viewed recipes ever – rightly so, the stuff is amazing. So think of this Candy Bar Apple Dip as the Caramel Apple Dip’s Sophisticated Older Sister…
I was heading to a birthday party and taking along some freshly picked apples. I had planned on making the regular classic caramel apple dip (I didn’t have the caramel, but was going to use dulce de leche), but all of a sudden decided to switch things up a bit. This version turned into something completely incredible. There’s only 4 (yep – 4!) ingredients and it is light and silky. Best of all – you can use your favorite candy bar! I had Butterfingers on hand, but can’t wait to make this again with Snickers, Heath, Milky Way…the sky’s really the limit here.
So take this to your next get together, put it on the menu for your fall or Halloween party, it would totally rock your next game day spread and don’t be surprised if you end up wanting to shove your entire face in the bowl…I almost did.
- 8 oz. CREAM CHEESE, room temperature
- 1 13.4 oz. can of DULCE DE LECHE*
- 1 cup HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM*
- 6 FUN SIZE CANDY BARS (choose your favorite - I used Butterfingers), roughly chopped
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add dulce de leche by the spoonful and continue mixing until well combined - you will probably need to scrape the sides of the bowl. Set aside.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add chopped candy bars and chill until serving with fresh apple slices*.
*I had whipping cream on hand so that's what I used in this recipe. You could also try using Cool Whip in it's place.
More Dessert Dips to love…