Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers – an easy appetizer that is so packed with flavor you may just ignore the main dish all together!
Can I start out today’s post by saying that any party that starts with an appetizer that involves cream cheese is a party I want to be at? One of my go-to appetizers is ridiculously easy – 1 block of cream cheese mixed with 4-5 fresh minced garlic cloves. Served warm or room temperature spread on crackers is about the best thing ever.
Well, these stuffed peppers are an upgrade of that particular cream cheese combination. Sweet, crunchy peppers stuffed with a robust garlic and herb cream cheese, they’ll be devoured in no time. And they’d be so perfect for any occasion because you can make them ahead of time. Using fresh garlic cloves gives these quite a kick, if you’d prefer a more muted version using jarred minced garlic should do the trick.
- 8 oz. block CREAM CHEESE, room temperature
- 4 GARLIC CLOVES, freshly minced or grated
- ½ teaspoon DRIED PARSLEY*
- ¼ teaspoon DRIED DILL
- 10-11 MINI SWEET PEPPERS, stems and seeds removed and cut in half long ways
- Mix together cream cheese, garlic and herbs.
- Stuff each pepper half with about 1 Tablespoon of cream cheese mixture. Chill until serving.
More appetizers to love…