Easy to make, Yogurt Cake is the perfect backdrop for freshly whipped cream and spring’s fresh berries!
Spring is all around and before we know it, we’ll be picking fresh berries in all of their sweet, juicy glory. I love eating them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and, of course, dessert. But they often don’t need much help being more delicious that they already are…a slightly sweet cake is the perfect backdrop.
I mean, what’s not to love about a cake that only needs 6 ingredients, one bowl and a whisk? This seriously simple cake starts with Greek yogurt. I used Greek God’s Greek yogurt with chia seeds. The results were fantastic…a tender cake that is really lovely topped with freshly whipped cream and berries. Did you know you can add Greek yogurt to whipping cream and get gently flavored, silky whipped cream? You can – add a few tablespoons of yogurt to 1 cup of whipping cream and whip until soft peaks form. So good!!
Greek God’s Greek Yogurt with Chia Seeds comes in 4 delicious flavors – blackberry, strawberry, vanilla and peach. You could use any of these flavors in this Yogurt Cake or any of their other Greek yogurt varieties would work just fine too. I used the vanilla with chia seeds and the peach with chia seeds in my cake. This lent a light peach flavor to the entire cake. Find Greek God’s Yogurt at a store near you by checking their store locator
Say hey to Greek God’s® Greek Yogurt:
- 2 (5.3 oz.) containers GREEK GOD'S GREEK YOGURT WITH CHIA SEEDS, vanilla flavor
- 3 EGGS
- ½ cup OIL
- 1 cup SUGAR
- 1½ cups FLOUR
- 1 Tablespoon BAKING POWDER
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 or 9 inch round cake pan well.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, oil and sugar.
- Stir in flour and baking powder. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until center is set and toothpick tests clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream and fresh berries.
Recipe Source: An Italian in My Kitchen
*This post is brought to you by Greek God’s® Greek Yogurt. I was compensated for my time. All opinions are my very own – their yogurt is fantastic!*