This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
A fast and flavorful weeknight dinner, Sloppy Taco Burgers are best served on a bakery bun with cilantro avocado spread and cotija cheese beside a pile of freshly made Crispy Oven Fries!
Because we still have some cold weather evenings that we’re gonna need a flavorful weeknight dinner…Sloppy Taco Burgers. Sloppy Joe’s taken to a whole new level. I adore the flavors of RO*TEL tomatoes and enchilada sauce, I decided to put them together and make a weeknight dinner that was sure to please my entire family. It sure helps that this recipe starts with a few pantry staples, add a few things from the produce and bakery section and dinner is just about served.
You'll love Sloppy Taco Burgers and the secret to crispy oven fries!Click To Tweet
To Make Sloppy Taco Burgers:
Brown ground turkey, add minced garlic, ground cumin and salt. Cook for 2 minutes. Add RO*TEL Tomatoes and enchilada sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Make cilantro avocado spread. Spread on toasted bakery buns and top with meat mixture and sprinkle with cotija cheese. Serve immediately.
Kitchen Hack and secret to crispy oven fries:
After washing yukon gold potatoes, cut into fries. Place in a colander and sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon of sugar. Toss to coat and allow to stand for 20-30 minutes. Pat dry and place in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Arrange fries on a lightly greased foil lined baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer and have a bit of space between them. Bake at 425º for 20 minutes, flip and bake an additional 15-20 minutes until crispy. Serve immediately.
The secret to this hack is the sugar! It helps the potatoes release some excess moisture and then they bake up nice and crisp.
- 1 lb. GROUND TURKEY
- 1 teaspoon SALT
- 1 teaspoon GROUND CUMIN
- 1 teaspoon MINCED GARLIC
- 1 10 oz. can ENCHILADA SAUCE
- 1 10 oz. can RO*TEL TOMATOES, drained
- 6 count KAISER ROLLS, from the Walmart Bakery
- COTIJA CHEESE*
- 2 Tablespoons FINELY CHOPPED CILANTRO
- 1 AVOCADO, pitted and peeled
- 2 Tablespoons SOUR CREAM
- SALT, to taste
- In a skillet, brown ground turkey until cooked through. Add 1 teaspoon salt, ground cumin and minced garlic. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add enchilada sauce and RO*TEL tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice avocado and place in a small bowl. Mash with a fork, stir in cilantro and sour cream. Season to taste with salt.
- Toast kaiser rolls, if desired. Spread each side of the roll with cilantro avocado spread. Top with meat mixture and sprinkle with cotija cheese. Serve immediately with Crispy Oven Fries (see recipe above).
Grab everything you need to make this meal on your next trip to Walmart!
Find more easy recipes for comforting cold weather meals by visiting Yes You Can