This easy to make dessert will have the crowd asking for the recipe – Pecan Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars start with a yellow cake mix and only get better from there!
It has been snowy here the last two days. The heavy, wet snow and strong winds were enough to knock out our power for the entire day yesterday. Thankfully the power crew made it out here just before 9 pm and we had the power back on shortly after. We didn’t have anything pressing, so we were able to just take it easy yesterday and ventured out of the house for lunch and dinner. Unexpected days like that leave me a little discombobulated and now I feel like I have to get 2 days worth of things done at once today. Full days call for an easy bar dessert, one that includes cream cheese, chocolate chips and pecans.
This simple to make bar dessert was a hit at the church ladies event that I took them too. I love that they’re made with pantry staples and can be whipped up at a moment’s notice. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before you start to help things combine completely. Feel free to chop the pecans as finely as you like, I chopped the 1/4 cup that went in the crust more finely and left the 1/2 cup that went on top in bigger pieces. This is a dessert that’s best enjoyed with a cup of coffee or hot tea!
- 1 pkg. YELLOW CAKE MIX
- ½ cup BUTTER, room temperature
- 3 EGGS
- ¾ cup CHOPPED PECANS
- 1 8 oz. pkg. CREAM CHEESE
- 1½ cups SUGAR
- 2 teaspoons VANILLA EXTRACT
- ¼ cup MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 10x15 baking sheet* with foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, butter, ¼ cup chopped pecans. This mixture will be crumbly, press into baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, beat together 2 eggs, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and mini chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Bar desserts for the win…