Rich and decadent, Dark Chocolate Pudding is not for the faint of heart, but for real life, dark chocolate lovers!
There are times, days, holidays that call for chocolate. Are you a chocolate lover? Well, even if you’re not, this recipe would be a super sweet treat for your chocolate loving valentine 😉 This pudding is made from scratch and doesn’t use any eggs. If you’ve never made homemade pudding before this is a great recipe to start with. All you need is a few simple pantry ingredients, a saucepan and whisk and about 20 minutes. It really is super easy!
- ¾ cups SUGAR
- 3 Tablespoons CORNSTARCH
- 2 Tablespoons UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER
- 3 cups HALF & HALF or WHOLE MILK
- 1 Tablespoon BUTTER
- 2 teaspoons VANILLA EXTRACT
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- 8 oz. BITTERSWEET or SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring frequently. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Take off the heat. Add butter, vanilla and salt. Stir well. Add in chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Put into serving dishes or one large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap pressed to the surface. Chill for up to 24 hours.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Recipe Source: BHG magazine Feb 2016 issue
Chocolate lovers rejoice…