If a hot, meaty, cheesy dip makes your heart go pitter patter, then this Cheesy Sausage Salsa Verde Dip is for you!
When I say ‘BIG GAME’ does your mind instinctively say ‘GO TEAM’ or ‘OH YUM’? I gotta admit..mine says ‘oh yum’, in fact, until yesterday, I had no idea who was playing this year’s Super Bowl. I just really love having a reason to gather around a delicious spread of game day food and, whether you’re rooting for a specific team or just showing up to eat, you’re going to want this delicious cheesy goodness to be apart of your evening.
Let’s talk about dip for a minute…we were having company last fall and I decided to make this Cheesy Chili Dip recipe from Pinch of Yum. My youngest and I found it hard to keep our chips out of it before they made it there – it was incredible! I’ve made it a few times since and made a change or two. This recipe is a keeper, it’s full of flavor and made with real cheese – #winwin.
I’ve never met a salsa verde that I didn’t like. A few of my favorite brands are Herdez (found in the Hispanic foods section), Aldi has a really good one that I found in the refrigerated section and Trader Joe’s Hatch Valley Salsa is amazing and has quite the kick. For this dip, I used the Aldi Salsa Verde and some of the Trader Joe’s Hatch Valley. You can use your favorite, it doesn’t even have to be a salsa verde, it can be any salsa you like. I put this in a little crock pot to keep it hot for a crowd. Make sure you have plenty of tortilla chips on hand 🙂
Bloglovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+
- 1 lb. PORK SAUSAGE
- 1 Tablespoon TACO SEASONING
- ¼ teaspoon GROUND RED PEPPER
- 1 14 oz. can BLACK BEANS, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups SALSA VERDE*
- ½ cup WATER
- 2 Tablespoons BUTTER
- 3 Tablespoons FLOUR
- 1¾ cup MILK
- 1 4 oz. can DICED GREEN CHILES
- 4 oz. MONTERREY JACK CHEESE, shredded
- CHOPPED CILANTRO, for garnish
- Brown sausage and drain any grease.
- Stir in taco seasoning, ground red pepper, black beans, salsa verde and water. Bring to a bubble and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk. Turn heat to medium high. Stir frequently until bubbling and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in green chiles and cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, add to sausage mixture and stir well.
- Serve immediately or put in a little crock pot to keep warm until serving.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Pinch of Yum
Game Day Faves…
Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Mushrooms
[…] Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip (The Food Charlatan) 8. Meatball Sub Dip (Wine and Glue) 9. Cheesy Sausage Salsa Verde Dip (Crumbs and […]