This flavor packed Antipasto Chopped Salad is a great start to any meal or makes a fabulous main dish!
If you’ve ever enjoyed an antipasto platter before, I’m pretty sure we would be great friends. I mean, what’s not to love…flavorful cured meats, roasted red peppers, olives, cheese, pepperoncini peppers. I’ve combined all that goodness in a chopped salad that’s tossed in a creamy balsamic dressing. I really adore a chopped salad because everything is cut into bite size pieces before hand, so it’s incredibly easy to eat.
This salad is super adaptable to whatever you have on hand. I used two kinds of olives – regular black and, my favorite olive in the whole world, Castelvetrano – a green olive with an incredible buttery flavor that is absolutely amazing. You can use your favorite cheese, I love a great Parmesan, but mozzarella or provolone would both work well. You could add artichokes, tomato, cucumber or anything else you like. The homemade dressing comes together quickly in a mason jar, but you could use your favorite vinaigrette instead. Take this salad to your next potluck or picnic, just wait to add the dressing until right before serving.
- 1 head GREEN LEAF LETTUCE, chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ cup diced SALAMI
- ½ cup quartered PEPPERONI
- ½ cup sliced PEPPERONCINI PEPPERS
- ½ cup OLIVES, pitted
- ½ cup cubed PARMESAN or MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- ½ cup chopped ROASTED RED PEPPERS
- ½ cup OLIVE OIL
- ¼ cup BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- ¼ cup PLAIN YOGURT
- 2 cloves MINCED GARLIC
- 1 teaspoon HONEY (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ITALIAN SEASONING
- SALT & PEPPER, to taste
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
- Put olive oil, vinegar, yogurt, garlic, honey and italian seasoning in a mason jar. Screw the lid on tightly and shake well.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
More sensational salads…