If you’re a fan of German Chocolate Cake, this cookie is for you! German Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything you love – chocolate, coconut and pecans!
This is a recipe from deep in the C&C cookie archives. I absolutely adore this cookie…chocolate, coconut, pecans… there’s so much to love. Not to mention the fact that my kids won’t touch them, so I can put most of the batch in the freezer and enjoy them here and there. Love, love, love.
This simple cookie recipe doesn’t require any chilling of the dough, which I also love…no waiting around for fresh cookies. The chocolate cookie base is studded with chocolate chips, shredded coconut and chopped pecans. A real treat for those of us that love German Chocolate Cake, but only make it about once a year!
Are you a fan of the flavors in traditional German Chocolate Cake? Then you’d also love German Chocolate Apple Dip – so good!!
- 1 cup BUTTER, softened
- ½ cup SUGAR
- 1 cup BROWN SUGAR, packed
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 2 EGGS
- 1¾ cups FLOUR
- ½ cup COCOA
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- 1 teaspoon SALT
- 2 cups MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 1 cup CHOPPED PECANS
- 1½ cups SHREDDED COCONUT
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until everything is fully incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips, pecans and coconut.
- Put tablespoon sized balls of dough on cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Recipe Source: The Kitchen Is My Playground