Sweet and minty, Peppermint Crunch Sugar Cookies are perfect for holiday treat trays!
On a recent afternoon, my youngest and I were home just the two of us and we had planned to do a little baking. I was on Pinterest and she saw these cookies on the screen and said let’s make those! So we did. She just turned 6 last week and is my most enthusiastic kitchen helper, which I usually love unless I’m in a great big hurry. We really enjoyed this sturdy little sugar cookie studded with peppermint crunch baking chips.
The buttery dough doesn’t need anytime to chill. These are make and bake, which is a bonus when time is of the essence. I love to make all of my favorite Christmas cookies ahead of time and put them in the freezer. Then I take them out as I need them to put together a holiday treat tray or when we have guests over.
- ⅓ cup SHORTENING
- ⅓ cup BUTTER, room temperature
- ¾ cup SUGAR
- 1 EGG
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- ½ teaspoon PEPPERMINT EXTRACT
- 1 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
- ½ teaspoon SALT
- 1½ cups + 2 Tablespoons FLOUR
- 1 cup ANDES PEPPERMINT CRUNCH BAKING CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together shortening, butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in egg and extracts. Beat again until well combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined. Fold in peppermint crunch chips.
- Scoop into 1 Tablespoon size balls. Place on a baking sheet that's been lined silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Press balls flat using the palm of your hand to about ½ inch thickness.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: Dessert Now Dinner Later
More of our favorite holiday cookies…