An easy treat that adds variety to your holiday treat tray, Krispie Caramallows are a no bake treat that the kids can help with!
Need a simple treat to add to your treat trays this year? This is it…Krispie Caramallows are something that my mother-in-law makes each year along with her sugar cookies, date ‘snow’ balls and more. And they are super easy to make! A caramel covered marshmallow rolled in rice krispies cereal…what’s not to love?!
My kids really enjoyed the ‘get sticky factor’ that went along with these. They rolled the caramel covered marshmallows in the cereal after I dipped them. The caramel was still a little warm, so if your children are helping make sure they understand to scoop a little cereal on the top before they roll it around, that way they don’t really end up touching the caramel. We used holiday Rice Krispies Cereal, but you can use regular too. After they cool, you can package them up on a treat tray or in a Christmas tin. I love hitting up the dollar or thrift store to find tins for really cheap. Using tins to put treats in means they have less of a chance getting smashed or crushed on the way to wherever they’re going and that makes everyone happy 🙂
- 1 14 oz. can SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- 1 11 oz. bag CARAMELS, unwrapped
- 2 Tablespoons BUTTER
- 1 10 oz. box RICE KRISPIES CEREAL
- 48 LARGE MARSHMALLOWS
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk, caramels and butter together over medium heat. Stir occasionally and remove from heat when smooth. Cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Pour some of the cereal on another baking sheet or in a shallow dish.
- One at a time, dip marshmallows into caramel mixture. Immediately roll in cereal until completely covered. Place on waxed paper lined baking sheet until completely cool.
- Store in an air tight container.
More easy holiday treats…