Take advantage of cranberry season and make Iced Cranberry Orange Bread – it makes a lovely gift too!
I’ve had total cranberry fever this fall. Cranberry sauce, cranberry pie, cranberry simple syrup and now this bread…I’m not sorry at all because cranberries are so delicious. Tart and the right balance for a bit of fresh orange zest and juice, this loaf of quick bread is so bright and lovely. In fact, the only time I should make it again is when I have someone to share it with…lest I eat the whole loaf myself!
You could make a few loaves of this bread to gift to coworkers or neighbors, add this to your holiday brunch menu or make it just because you love the cranberry orange combo. This bread will be ready in no time and you can enjoy it so many ways – it’s the perfect partner for a cup of coffee. Because ’tis the season for simple and delicious 😉
- 2 cups FLOUR
- ¾ cup SUGAR
- 1½ teaspoon BAKING POWDER
- ¾ teaspoon SALT
- ½ teaspoon BAKING SODA
- ¼ cup BUTTER, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon ORANGE ZEST + more for garnish
- ¾ cup ORANGE JUICE
- 1 EGG
- 1 cup CHOPPED CRANBERRIES
- 1 Tablespoon ORANGE JUICE
- 1 cup POWDERED SUGAR
- Grease a loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Blend in the butter using a mixer.
- Add orange zest, juice and egg. Mix well. Fold in cranberries and spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Stir together 1 Tablespoon orange juice and powdered sugar. (Add more juice if you want a thinner icing.) Spread on top of cooled bread, garnish with additional orange zest if desired.
Recipe Source: food.com
Cranberry Baked Goods…