Super simple, Chocolate Dipped Clementines may just be the hit of your holiday party!
Last week I went to a healthy recipes get together with the ladies at my church. Only problem is that I was at a loss at what to take. So I’m sitting in my van about to go in the grocery store and I decide to check the dessert category at The Lemon Bowl, Liz posts amazing, delicious and healthy food all of the time and I was sure she had something I could make. I was right! Her recipe for Chocolate Dipped Citrus with Sea Salt was the ticket.
This sweet little treat was the hit of the party. We couldn’t resist grabbing these one after another, if fact, we had a hard time stopping. I love things that are so ridiculously simple you’d almost never think of them. You may have everything you need to make these at your house right now. Need a healthier treat option for that holiday party? Make these. Friends coming over last minute? These take no time at all. You can store them in the fridge for a few days, so they are the perfect make ahead treat.
I highly recommend the sprinkling of salt, but I really love sweet and salty. You can use any coarse salt you have, I used a gray sea salt that I got from TJMaxx. Liz used more than one kind of citrus fruit, I just stuck with clementines because they’re super easy to peel. Chocolate Dipped Clementines will add a little balance to the usual sugar filled holiday dessert table.
- CLEMENTINES, peeled and segmented*
- 1 cup SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 2 Tablespoons COCONUT OIL
- SEA SALT
- Lay clementine segments out on paper towels and make sure they're dry.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip one end of each segment in the chocolate. Place on waxed paper or a silicone baking mat to set. Sprinkle with sea salt. Repeat with remaining segments.
- Chill in fridge for a bit to set chocolate.
Recipe Source: The Lemon Bowl
You may also love these holiday fruit desserts…
Fruity Chocolate Bark from Love & Olive Oil
Apple Cranberry Fruit Salad from Tastes Better From Scratch