Because Thanksgiving dinner is really all about the side dishes, Sausage & Mushroom Cornbread Stuffing would be delicious addition to your holiday spread! This recipe is brought to you by Johnsonville® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #SausageFamily
I will take any reason or holiday to celebrate over a meal with friends, so this time of year really makes me excited. We make time for a Harvest Party in October, Friendsgiving in November and a Gingerbread House Making Party in December. If you’re not familiar with the term – Friendsgiving – it’s a time to gather with your friends and enjoy all the goodness of Thanksgiving, which is usually spent with family. Last Saturday evening, we held our annual feast and was it ever delicious. Here’s the low down on our menu –
Mains – Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey and Ham
Sides – Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Candied Sweet Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Sausage & Mushroom Cornbread Stuffing, Stovetop Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Rolls
Oh, how I love a huge Thanksgiving meal. After we ate dinner, the kids had a blast playing games and we ended the evening with dessert. It was really lovely to just all be together!
Now while my husband prefers good ol’ Stovetop stuffing beside his mashed potatoes, I really enjoy my stuffing a little more adventuresome. Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage is a great way to add a unique and flavorful twist to your holiday stuffing this year. This italian sausage, mushroom and cornbread combo can’t be beat. You can make this stuffing a day ahead and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake and serve it. Make sure to put it right beside the mashed potatoes on your plate because stuffing with a little gravy on it is what Thanksgiving is all about.
- 1 lb. JOHNSONVILLE® MILD ITALIAN SAUSAGE
- ½ of an ONION, finely chopped
- 4 oz. BABY BELLA or WHITE BUTTON MUSHROOMS, sliced
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES, minced
- 1 (14 oz.) pkg CORNBREAD STUFFING
- 1 teaspoon DRIED THYME
- 1 teaspoon DRIED ROSEMARY
- SALT & PEPPER
- 2 cups CHICKEN BROTH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage, onion and mushrooms in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Drain any grease from the pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cornbread stuffing and seasonings. Add sausage mixture. Pour in chicken broth a little at a time. Stir well. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in 9x13 baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- *You can mix this together ahead of time, cover and refrigerate until you are ready to bake.