This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InsideOutMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Simple to make at home, Caramel Crunch Bars are a sweet no bake treat that is perfect for movie night!
There are few things our family enjoys more than cuddling up for a good ol’ movie night. We love watching many different kinds of movies, the kids particularly love animated ones. I was looking forward to watching the movie Inside Out because my kids had seen it in theaters with their grandparents, but my husband and I hadn’t seen it yet. I had, of course, heard all about it. What is it about kids and repeating everything they love about a movie they’ve seen only once? Anyhow, we grabbed the movie on a recent Target trip and we also picked up snacks because really, what is a movie night without something sweet and salty?!
What’s a Caramel Crunch Bar you ask? Layers of crisp, cracker-y goodness with caramel in between, all blanketed by a smooth chocolate peanut butter layer. Pure bliss. Best of all, it’s a no bake treat that takes about 20 minutes to put together and an hour to chill. Then you’re ready to slice and enjoy with your favorite movie night treats.
Everything I needed to make these bars was in the grocery section of my Target store. They come together in a few simple steps:
Line a 9×13 pan with foil, leave some overhanging the edges to make the bars easier to pull out later.
Use Market Pantry Light and Flaky Crackers to make the bottom layer.
In a saucepan, stir together butter, sugar, brown sugar, milk and graham cracker crumbs, bring to a boil. Stirring often, boil for 5 minutes.
Pour half of this caramel mixture over the bottom cracker layer. Top with another layer of crackers. Spread remaining caramel over this 2nd cracker layer. Top with a 3rd layer of crackers.
Melt chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and creamy peanut butter together in a small saucepan. Spread over the final layer of crackers and chill for 1 hour.
Easy enough. Just look at those lovely layers.
- 80 MARKET PANTRY LIGHT & FLAKY CRACKERS
- 1 cup BUTTER
- 2 cups MARKET PANTRY GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS (about 13 whole crackers crushed)
- 1 cup BROWN SUGAR, packed
- ½ cup MILK
- ⅓ cup GRANULATED SUGAR
- ⅔ cup CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- ½ cup SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- ½ cup BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil, be sure to leave an overhang so that you can easily remove bars from the pan.
- Place one layer of crackers in the bottom of the pan. Be sure to cover the entire pan, cut or use broken crackers to fill in any gaps along the edge.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, milk and granulated sugar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Stir frequently and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour half of caramel mixture over 1st cracker layer. Cover with another even layer of crackers. Spread remaining caramel over that and add another layer of crackers.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Melt over low heat until smooth. Pour over top cracker layer and spread evenly.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before cutting.
Recipe Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
The DVD and Blu-Ray editions of Inside Out sold in Target stores have exclusive content – 20 minutes of bonus content and deleted scenes for your entertainment. While you’re at Target picking up the movie, be sure to grab your favorite movie snacks, beverages (we’re loving flavored sparkling waters lately!) and all the ingredients you need for making Caramel Crunch Bars.