An easy, any-day-of-the-week meal, Veggie Confetti Chili is simple to make and full of flavor!
Because we all live in the real world, I know there are times when you just want to be able to make a simple pot of soup and call it a day. How about if it really was that easy? Open a few cans and set things to simmer away for about 20 minutes on the stove…super easy. I made this chili on a Monday morning and had it for dinner one night and lunches the rest of the week. It really doesn’t get much easier than that. And you don’t even miss the meat in this soul warming, flavorful soup.
I try to have frozen chopped onion on hand at all times to make a recipe like this even easier…because some days you don’t even want to chop an onion. And to keep with the simple theme, I used garlic from the jar. Choose your favorite salsa verde (or regular salsa) for this chili, it adds a ton of flavor with very little effort on your part. Now grab your soup spoon because dinner will be ready in no time!
- 1 Tablespoon OLIVE OIL
- 1 cup CHOPPED ONION
- 1 RED BELL PEPPER, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon MINCED GARLIC
- 1 (15 oz) can PINTO BEANS, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can BLACK BEANS, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can KIDNEY BEANS, drained
- 2 cups FROZEN CORN
- 1 (14.5 oz) can FIRE ROASTED DICED TOMATOES
- 1 (15 oz) can TOMATO SAUCE
- 1 cup SALSA VERDE
- 2 Tablespoons CHILI POWDER
- 2 teaspoons GROUND CUMIN
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook about 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Good Cheap Eats Dinner in 30 Minutes or Less by Jessica Fisher
More soul warming soups…