Need an easy weeknight meal? Easy Italian Meatball Soup is comforting, satisfying and brought to you by Johnsonville® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #SausageFamily
September is easily my favorite month – the temperatures are near perfect, the leaves are just starting to change color, it’s acceptable to go pumpkin crazy and soup can now go back in the weekly meal rotation. Oh, how I love a good pot of soup….especially the kind where there are leftovers because the easiest lunch is the one you just have to warm up.
Fall brings evening activities that require easy weeknight meals in order to stay out of the drive thru and on task with your meal plan. This soup can be made ahead of time and warmed up on crazy busy nights when your family is running every which way. It’s full of flavor and comfort food at it’s finest, add an Italian salad and some mini garlic monkey bread and dinner is done.
Johnsonville® Classic Italian Style Meatballs are terrific to have on hand in the freezer to help with the weeknight meal frenzy. Made with premium cuts of meat, no artificial flavors, colors or MSG added, you can serve meatballs that are flavorful and delicious with pasta, on sub sandwiches or in an easy soup like the one I’m sharing today. Have you seen Johnsonville® Meatballs at your local grocery store? You can check their store locator to find out who carries them in your neighborhood. They can be found in the frozen foods section and are recipe ready – and them frozen or thawed to your favorite Italian meals.
- 2 teaspoons OLIVE OIL
- 2 teaspoons MINCED GARLIC
- 4 cups BEEF BROTH
- 28 oz. can PETITE DICED TOMATOES, undrained
- 3 cups WATER
- 1 teaspoon ITALIAN SEASONING
- 1 pkg. JOHNSONVILLE® ITALIAN STYLE MEATBALLS
- 1 cup small pasta, such as ditalini
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese for serving
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes (undrained), water and italian seasoning. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add meatballs, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add pasta, lower heat to medium and cook 8 minutes more until pasta is al dente.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Source: Adapted from food.com