Super simple to make, your family and friends will be asking for more of this Easy Apple Cake!
Is there anyone else out there with a love for magazine subscriptions? I probably get between 6-8 magazines in a month. Seeing all the fresh new ideas, drooling over new recipes and educating myself about the hows and whys of home decorating…yes, I need every single one. This month I was excited to see this apple cake in Allrecipes magazine because I had already tried two other recipes for apple cake and they both failed pretty miserably. This one, however, hit it out of the park. It would be really great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and warm caramel sauce drizzled over the top. Perfect fall dessert 😉
- ⅓ cup packed BROWN SUGAR
- 1 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 2 cups peeled, cored and chopped APPLES
- ⅔ cups WHITE SUGAR
- ½ cup BUTTER, softened
- 2 EGGS
- 2 teaspoons VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1½ cups FLOUR
- 1¾ teaspoons BAKING POWDER
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- ½ cup MILK
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan generously and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and apples.
- In a large bowl, beat together white sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture and stir gently. Add milk and stir until completely blended.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Layer on half of the apple mixture and then add the remaining batter. Lastly, layer on the rest of the apple mixture and press down gently.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick tests clean. Cool in pan about 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Source: All Recipes