Because sometimes you want a warm chocolate chip cookie right now…Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies are ready with no chilling and no waiting.
I’m playing favorites today. This recipe is hands down my all-time favorite cookie for a few reasons – 1) no chilling required means no waiting, when I want a cookie I want it right now! 2) it doesn’t make a ginormous batch, just enough for a small crowd 3) leaving them a little under baked makes the perfect soft cookie and 4) the dough freezes beautifully so you really can have warm gooey cookies whenever you please 😉
TIP – to freeze the dough – scoop into tablespoon size balls (I love this cookie scoop for that) and freeze on a tray or plate. Once frozen, place in a freezer ziptop bag and freeze until you’re ready to bake. Baking instructions are the same, you may just have to add a minute or two to the baking time. I love having these on hand to make when I need to take dessert somewhere and have run out of time to actually make anything or to leave with the baby sitter or to take with a meal I’m giving to someone (a new mom etc.) that way they can have fresh cookies right away or later.
- 2¼ cups FLOUR*
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- ¾ teaspoons SALT
- ¾ cup BUTTER (1½ sticks), room temperature
- 1¼ cups BROWN SUGAR
- 2 teaspoons VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 EGG
- 1 cup SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture gradually at low speed. Stop when flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until they are just golden on the edges. Leave on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.