Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars are simple to make and an ideal lunchbox or picnic treat!
I’m not a lover of hot and humid (fall is my jam), but this year I’m in love with the summer. The kids are at the right age to take to the beach multiple times a week and actually enjoy it. We’ve been going in the evenings which means all sunsets all the time. Seriously, is there a support group for people who can’t stop taking sunset pictures? Because my phone is full of them. Michigan is a stunning place to be in the summer, that’s why we endure the winters here 😉
And what’s a visit to the beach without a picnic or snack? Last week I made a pan of Chocolate M&M Cookie Bars to take along – they were a hit! Cookie bars are the best thing ever because you don’t have to stand there and scoop out another tray of cookie dough, it’s one and done. Which just so happens to be perfect for my summer schedule.
My girls enjoyed helping make these. You could swap out the M&Ms for chocolate, butterscotch or even peanut butter chips if you wanted. We are particularly fond of M&Ms and they work really well in this simple, soft and delicious cookie bar.
- ¾ cup BUTTER, room temperature
- ¾ cup BROWN SUGAR
- ¼ cup GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1 small box CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- 2 EGGS
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 2¼ cups FLOUR
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- 1 cup M&M CANDIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Cream butter and sugars with a mixer until fluffy. Mix in dry pudding mix, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Stir in M&Ms.
- Press evenly into pan. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
More cookie bars…
Rolo Oatmeal Cookie Bars from Something Swanky
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Wine & Glue
S’mores Cookie Bars from Chocolate, Chocolate and More