A sweet treat that comes together in no time at all, Mini Lemon Cherry Cakes are fruity and adorable!
Let’s talk about perfect potluck desserts…what’s your favorite thing to take? I like to take things that don’t take a lot of fuss and are simple to make and easy to transport. Chocolate Chip Butter Cake, Double Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats and Favorite Brownies from Scratch are a few of my personal faves. I made a batch of Mini Lemon Cherry Cakes recently and they were a big hit!
You can file this recipe under the ‘super easy’ category of your recipe box. Mix together a few pantry staples, add a dallop of cherry pie filling and bake. When they’re cooled, drizzle on a lemony glaze and you are done. I love the cherry and lemon together, so summery and delicious!
- 1 box LEMON CAKE MIX
- ½ cup BUTTER, melted
- 3 EGGS
- 1 can CHERRY PIE FILLING ( or make your own)
- 1⅔ cup POWDERED SUGAR
- Juice of a medium LEMON
- Splash of MILK
- Prepare muffin tins by lining with 18 cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and eggs. Put 2 Tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup.
- Top batter with pie filling, 1 Tablespoon per muffin cup.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Whisk together powder sugar and lemon juice. Add a splash of milk, if necessary, to make it thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle glaze over cooled cakes. I removed cupcake liners before drizzling, but that's optional.
More amazing cherry desserts….
Cherry Cheesecake Skillet Pie from Created by Diane
Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies from Julie’s Eats and Treats
Cherry Pie Bubble Up from Mandy’s Recipe Box