Start any party with this Spanish-inspired appetizer – Marinated Olives & Manchego Cheese is crazy delicious!
So I made these as an accompaniment to the Spanish-Style Meatballs I posted a couple weeks ago. In this little ‘make dinner from other countries’ experience, we’re finding so many new flavors to love and how a few simple ingredients can pack a huge flavor punch, seriously this little olive dish is super zesty and was a crowd favorite.
The original recipe called for kalamata olives, which have a much stronger flavor than regular black olives. I subbed in the regulars and it all worked quite nicely. Manchego Cheese is a Spanish cheese that I found in the specialty cheese section of the grocery store. It’s a hard cheese with a taste similar to Parmesan. You do have to mix this up a day ahead so they have plenty of time for marination. The results are guaranteed to be an amazing addition to any party menu!
- 6 oz. can BLACK OLIVES, drained
- 6 oz. jar GREEN OLIVES, drained
- 4 oz. MANCHEGO CHEESE, diced
- Zest of 1 LEMON
- 2 Tablespoons CHOPPED PARSLEY
- ½ teaspoon DRIED THYME
- 1 teaspoon PEPPER
- 1 teaspoon CRUSHED RED PEPPER
- ⅓ cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- Stir everything together. Place in a glass jar, cover and let stand 1 day at room temperature before enjoying.