This simple, refreshing Fruit Punch will become your go-to summer sip!
These are the days…warm and leisurely, soft breezes blowing, relaxing on the deck. What makes it better? A refreshing sip of somethin’ fruity. We enjoyed this punch at our Spanish themed dinner a few weeks ago. It’s based on a recipe for virgin sangria. Sangria is a Spanish beverage made with wine, chopped fruit, sweetener and sometimes brandy or rum. I wanted to make it family friendly, so the kids could enjoy it too.
This combo of fruit juices, fruit and sparkling water is so tasty and would be refreshing for an afternoon on the deck or following some yard work, it’s a lovely drink for a shower or grad party. You can certainly scale it down if you don’t need it for a crowd. It’s all put together ahead of time and then mixed with sparkling water right before serving. You can use whatever fruit you have on hand, be sure to put some in each glass as you’re serving it. Eating the juicy fruit is half the fun! 😉
- 6 cups WHITE GRAPE JUICE
- 1½ cups APPLE JUICE
- 1 cup ORANGE JUICE
- 2 Tablespoons LEMON JUICE
- 1 LEMON
- 1 LIME
- 2 ORANGES (any kind - I used Cara-Cara)
- 1 APPLE
- 1 PLUM
- 1 pkg. FRESH BLACKBERRIES
- 8 cups SPARKLING WATER, chilled
- In a large pitcher, combine juices.
- Slice citrus fruits into rings. Dice apple, leaving peel on. Pit and slice plum. Add fruit to pitcher.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Mix with sparkling water in a punch bowl to serve.
Recipe Source: A Sweet Pea Chef
Take a sip…