You can make this creamy, dreamy Double Chocolate Ice Cream at home with an ice cream machine!
‘Tis the season for ice cream!! Yipee!! There are so many different ways to make ice cream and it depends on how much time you have, how long you want to wait before enjoying a big ol’ scoop and what equipment you might have on hand to make it yourself at home. This gorgeous bowl of ice cream can be yours with just a little bit of time in the kitchen and no ice cream machine. Did you hear that? You have no excuse!
This recipe starts with heavy whipping cream, which you whip into stiff peaks and fold together with sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened cocoa powder. Now you could totally stop there and freeze it. The texture is smooth and velvety. But you can take things to the next level and stir in some chopped semi-sweet chocolate (or chocolate chips) or chopped nuts or coconut or peanut butter chips…this list could go on and on. You’ll just have to try a few versions to find your favorite combo 😉
- 2 cups (1 pint) HEAVY CREAM
- 1 14 oz. can SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- ½ cup UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER
- ½ cup SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE, chopped*
- Beat heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form.
- Place sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl, sift in cocoa powder*. Stir to combine.
- Fold in whipped cream and chopped chocolate.
- Put into a container and freeze until firm.
*I sifted the cocoa powder to ensure the smoothest texture possible, you can skip this step if you'd like.
Recipe Source: Slightly adapted from The Comfort of Cooking
Because your freezer should never be without ice cream…