Cheesy Garlic Snack Mix and a Goldfish® Tale is brought to you by Pepperidge Farm®.
Snacks are a part of our everyday life. With four kids between the ages of 5 and 10, I hear ‘Mom, can I have a snack?’ more times in a day than I care to keep track of… we usually have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack at our house. And in an effort to keep things exciting, I try to keep a variety of options in the pantry. One of their absolute favorite snacks? Oh, that’s easy… Goldfish crackers. We’ve tried quite a few different flavors of Goldfish crackers and classic cheddar is by far the house favorite.
They love them because they’re cheesy, crunchy and delicious, I love them because they are easy to take anywhere, easily recognizable and they are easy to eat. Yep, easy is my one requirement for a snack at our house.
Our Goldfish Tale: Goldfish crackers make for big smiles around our house. Simple and wholesome, their cheddar goodness goes a long way in fulfilling the need for a snack time crunch. Whether we’re enjoying classic cheddar, pretzel or pizza flavors, there are infinite ways that Goldfish bring smiles to each one of the little faces I love.
What’s your Goldfish Tale? Why do they bring smiles to you and your children? Share at Goldfishsmiles.com for a chance to win prizes.
When dreaming up new ways to enjoy Goldfish crackers, including them in a crunchy snack mix naturally comes to mind. I combined the classic cheddar crackers with pretzels and rice cereal squares, then coated them with a garlic and Italian seasoning mixture and baked them for a few minutes. After I took them out of the oven, I sprinkled on Parmesan cheese (the powdered kind) and stirred everything together. Then we all enjoyed this cheesy treat for an any day of the week snack. I loved it because it took minutes to make. My kids really enjoyed it and so did my husband, it’s nice to mix things up a bit every once in a while.
- 2 cups Goldfish Cheddar Crackers
- 2 cups Rice Squares Cereal
- 2 cups Pretzels
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl, combine Goldfish, cereal and pretzels. Set aside.
- Melt butter in microwave for about 45 seconds. Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Mix well. Pour over cracker mixture. Stir well to make sure everything is evenly covered.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crispy.
- Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese. Stir and serve immediately. Store in an airtight container.
Enter your Goldfish Tale for a chance to win great prizes at Goldfishsmiles.com!
What’s your favorite variety of Goldfish crackers? Tell me in the comments and you will be entered for a chance to win a $100 VISA Gift Card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 4/1/14 – 5/31/15
Be sure to visit the Pepperidge Farm Goldfish brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!