This easy, small batch of Lemon Squares is a day brightener!
Do you ever have a dessert dilemma? As in, it’s game night and you’re not exactly sure what everyone else is bringing, but you want to make sure dessert is covered. So you need any easy, crowd pleasing dessert that will keep well just in case you end up with more than enough dessert. Enter – Lemon Squares – a small batch of flaky crusted lemon bars…you’re totally covered 🙂
Lemon is a personal fave of mine, I’d almost take it over chocolate (I said, almost!). But there is something extra delicious about a tart, not too sweet, lemon dessert. This one’s the perfect partner for an afternoon cup of tea. I actually really liked these after they had been chilled for a bit, but they’re just fine at room temperature too. Make these ahead for your next game night…you won’t be sorry!
- 1 cup FLOUR
- ¼ cup POWDERED SUGAR
- ½ teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- ½ cup BUTTER, room temperature
- 2 EGGS
- 1 EGG YOLK
- 1 cup SUGAR
- 2 Tablespoons FLOUR
- ¼ cup FRESHLY SQUEEZED LEMON JUICE
- 1 Tablespoon LEMON ZEST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 square pan with foil and lightly grease.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, powdered sugar and salt. Cut butter into small pieces and add it to the bowl along with the vanilla. Mix together to form a crumbly dough.
- Press mixture firmly into the foil lined pan. Bake for 22 minutes.
- Beat eggs and egg yolk together in a medium bowl. Add sugar, 2 Tablespoons flour, lemon juice and zest. Whisk for 2 minutes. Pour over hot crust. Return to oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing from pan in one large piece and cutting into squares.
Recipe Source: All Recipes