I am a collector of a few different things – kitchen gadgets, mason jars and vintage Pyrex. I also have quite the collection of cookbooks (what food blogger doesn’t?!). But seriously, I read them like novels and love soaking up extra tidbits of info and drooling over gorgeous food photos.
I recently enjoyed the chance to peruse and cook from Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook from QVC’s Resident Foodie. You guys, it’s one gorgeous book. Full of approachable and family friendly recipes, this book by David Venable is packed with dishes I can’t wait to make. From appetizers to sweets and an entire chapters dedicated to pressure cooking and slow cooking, Back Around The Table has something for everyone.
Can we talk for a second about mac ‘n’ cheese? There are hundreds of ways to make this humble dish and lots of opinions about how it should look and taste. I personally love a rather indulgent mac ‘n’ cheese (give me all the cheese!) and David Venable knocks it out of the park with his version. Did I mention it’s made on the stovetop. with 5 different cheese and comes together in about 15 minutes? True story. You can definitely taste the cheese in this super creamy take on a childhood fave.
I love cookbooks as gifts because they are undeniably useful and get used over and over. With recipes like Spinach Feta Cups, Breakfast Quesadillas with Creamy Salsa Verde Topping, Cincinnati Chili, Snickers Candy Bar Cheesecake, Cheesy Creamed Corn and Standing Rib Roast, I can see myself cooking from this year round for both everyday and special occasions.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups heavy cream, warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) shredded Asiago
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded yellow extra-sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white sharp Cheddar
- 1 pound gemelli or other pasta twists, cooked
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour and mustard and stir with a wooden spoon or whisk until a thick paste forms, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring until the sauce becomes thick. Add the Gouda, Gruyère, Asiago, yellow Cheddar, and white Cheddar, stirring the cheeses until melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir well to combine. Stir in the sour cream, salt, and white pepper and cook until the ingredients are combined and hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
If you think your family will enjoy this recipe, be sure to visit qvc.co/AroundtheTableCookbook to learn more about and purchase Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook. Filled with 156 great recipes like this, you’re sure to find something that fits your lifestyle and gathers everyone back around the table!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of QVC. The opinions and text are all mine.