Yep, you read that right. Triple Layer Pumpkin Chocolate Pie. ‘Tis the season for pie. And this pie, my friends, will bring a smile to your face. Its creamy pumpkin layer sandwiched between a slightly sweet sour cream layer (tastes better than it sounds) and a super chocolate-y, almost fudge-like layer of goodness set in a graham cracker crust is what dreams are made of. Pure pumpkin pie bliss, y’all.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Mine is all.the.food. My mom would always make traditional pumpkin pie and pecan pie to take to dinner at my grandparent’s house. There’s a special place in my heart for traditional pumpkin pie, but I think it’s always fun to mix things up a bit. Chocolate + pumpkin = true love 🙂
Bloglovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+
- DEEP DISH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST (homemade or store bought)
- 2 Tablespoons UNSALTED BUTTER
- 4 oz. SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE, chopped
- 12 oz. REGULAR (FULL-FAT) CREAM CHEESE, softened
- 1½ cups SUGAR
- 2 EGGS
- 1 cup PUMPKIN PUREE
- ½ teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- ¼ teaspoon GROUND CINNAMON
- ¼ teaspoon GROUND NUTMEG
- ¼ teaspoon GROUND CLOVES
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- 1 cup FULL-FAT SOUR CREAM
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a double boiler or a bowl set over a pan of simmer water. Melt butter and add the chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add 1¼ cups of sugar a little at a time, then add eggs. Lastly add in pumpkin, vanilla, spices and salt. Mix well. Pour half of the pumpkin mixture into another bowl. Stir in the cooled chocolate. And pour into pie crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Gently layer remaining pumpkin mixture over chocolate layer. Level the filling by shaking the pan. Return to the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 to 45 minutes. Heat sour cream and ¼ cup sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until just warm. Pour over the top of the pie and spread carefully with a small offset spatula.
- When completely cool, loosely tent with foil and chill for at least 3 hours.
Recipe Source: Pie by Ken Hadrich
Oh my, such a pretty desert, and it sounds flavorful.
Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen says
Becca you totally have me drooling over this pie!!!
Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen recently posted..Perfect Pumpkin Cookies
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Perfect addition to the Thanksgiving dessert table!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats