I adore any reason to enjoy appetizers. Be it football games, holidays or just dinner with friends, I can always find a reason to make a tasty bite to include in our spread. Stuffed mushrooms happen to be one of my faves. These bite sized gems have been kicked up a notch with all of the goodness you’ll find in a jalapeno popper. Cheesy, hot and sooooo good!
Do you enjoy game day and tailgating at home? I can handle the food for just about any occasion, but I’ll take all the help I can get with other aspects of planning. Red Baron®, Freschetta® and Tony’s® Pizza are here to help with www.TailgateAtYourPlace.com – your one stop digital destination for throwing an unforgettable college football party. Head over to grab college football trivia and traditions, party tips, recipes (like the one I’m sharing today) and more.
- 16 oz. fresh button or mini bella MUSHROOMS
- 8 oz. block CREAM CHEESE
- 4 oz. can chopped JALAPENOS
- 1 teaspoon minced or crushed GARLIC
- ½ cup ITALIAN SHREDDED CHEESE BLEND
- PANKO BREAD CRUMBS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean mushrooms and set aside stems. Place mushrooms in a baking dish.
- Chop stems finely. Place in a small saucepan with cream cheese, jalapenos and garlic; stir well and heat over medium low heat to combine.
- Divide cream cheese mixture between mushroom caps. They will be very full, you may have a little bit of filling left over. Sprinkle about ½ teaspoon of panko bread crumbs over each mushroom.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve immediately.
“Your favorite pizza brands, Tony’s®, Red Baron® and Freschetta® are kicking off Tailgate at Your Place –a whole new tradition and virtual hub where you can earn sweepstakes entries for the chance to WIN prizes totaling $150,000! Explore recipes, college football trivia, party tips, games and more! Don’t miss out. Visit www.TailgateAtYourPlace.com now (through 1/10/2015) and begin by designing your virtual living room! (Rules and Regs)
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Red Baron. The opinions and text are all mine.