This tempting holiday treat is perfect for giving or to enjoy on your own – Double Chocolate Eggnog Bread is simply divine!
I love taking time to share homemade treats and goodies during the holidays. That’s part of the holiday fun for me – making yummy treats to share with family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, teachers…this list could go on and on. You can see more of our faves in the C&C holiday treats archives. With the bit of snow that we received this week, I’m in the holiday kind of mood. Is it too early to put up the Christmas tree?
International Delight has you covered for all of your seasonal favorites – creamers like Peppermint Chocolate Truffle, Gingerbread Latte and Frosted Sugar Cookies and Nog, which comes in classic and very vanilla varieties. I love using eggnog in baked goods, so incorporating it into mini loaves of double chocolate quick bread was a no brainer. Baking it in disposable mini loaf pans makes it easy to transport and give to the eggnog lovers in your life!
- ½ cup BUTTER, room temperature
- 1¼ cups SUGAR
- ¾ teaspoon SALT
- ½ teaspoon BAKING POWDER
- ⅔ cup COCOA POWDER
- 3 EGGS
- 1¼ cup FLOUR
- ¾ cup INTERNATIONAL DELIGHT CLASSIC NOG
- ½ cup MINI SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 1 Tablespoon INTERNATIONAL DELIGHT CLASSIC NOG
- ¾ cup POWDERED SUGAR
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom of 3 disposable mini loaf pans. Place pans on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until well combined.
- Mix in half of the flour, then the nog and then add the remaining flour. Fold in mini chocolate chips. Fill prepared pans ¾ full.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean. Remove and place pans on a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and 1 Tablespoon of nog. Continue adding more of the nog, a few drops at a time, until a drizzle-able consistency is achieved. Drizzle on cooled bread. When glaze is set, you can wrap in cellophane or saran wrap for gift giving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.