It’s a classic… the peanut butter cookie with the Hershey’s chocolate kiss on top. Around here we call them, Peanut Butter Blossoms, and they are one of my all time favorites. So when I saw that a good friend of mine posted this pumpkin version on her Facebook, I instantly began drooling. A pumpkin cookie with a pumpkin spice kiss on top…. YUM! My favorite part, besides the pumpkin, is the fact that they are rolled in cinnamon/sugar before baking. It almost gives it a snickerdoodle type texture, which I also happen to love, but that’s for another day! These pumpkin cookies are a great fall cookie to add to your regular rotation!
- ½ cup BUTTER, room temperature
- 1 cup SUGAR, divided
- ½ cup BROWN SUGAR
- ⅓ cup PUMPKIN PUREE
- ½ teaspoon VANILLA
- 1½ cups FLOUR
- 2 tablespoons + ½ teaspoon CINNAMON, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon GROUND CLOVES
- ⅛ teaspoon GROUND GINGER
- ½ teaspoon BAKING SODA
- ¼ teaspoon BAKING POWDER
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- 1 bag HERSHEY'S PUMPKIN SPICE KISSES, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large cookie sheets with silpat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, ½ cup granulated sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and vanilla beat on low 1 minute. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to the sugar mixture and beat on low just until combined. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Whisk the remaining ½ cup sugar with 2 tablespoons cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Scoop up level tablespoons of the dough and roll into a ball then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheets 2 inches apart and bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven and press a kiss into the center of each one. Cool completely on wire racks. ENJOY!
Recipe Source: Cinnamon, Spice and Everything Nice