This recipe for Balsamic Chicken and Pear Salad is brought to you by Kraft.
Main dish salad…it’s what’s for dinner. Does that go over well at your house? For my husband, a main dish salad has to include protein, fruits/veggies and be full of flavor or else it may not be considered ‘dinner’. This is an ideal meal for busy nights because all you’re doing is a little chopping, tossing together and before you know it a nutritious meal is ready.
You can use any cooked chicken that you have on hand. If I’m going to grill chicken, I usually marinate it for a while in Italian dressing before cooking it – the dressing adds a lot of flavor to the chicken. I used Kraft’s Creamy Balsamic Dressing to marinate the chicken for this salad, as well as using it on the salad. I really love a chopped salad because everything is already in bite size pieces and you don’t have to use a knife to cut anything while you eat, but you can cut the different ingredients for this salad your favorite way. If you happen to be enjoying this salad by yourself, you can still prepare as directed but put the second salad ingredients in a container sans dressing and tomorrow’s lunch is ready!
- 4 cups CHOPPED GREEN LEAF LETTUCE
- 1 cup DICED and COOKED CHICKEN
- ½ cup SLICED CUCUMBER
- 1 ripe PEAR, cored and diced
- 3 Tablespoons CRUMBLED FETA CHEESE
- ¼ cup CHOPPED WALNUTS
- 4 Tablespoons KRAFT CREAMY BALSAMIC DRESSING
- Place half of the lettuce on the bottom of a plate. Layer on half of chicken, cucumber, feta, pear and walnuts. Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of dressing.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients on a second plate. Toss salads together before serving right away.
Change up your dinner routine with Kraft. Visit KraftRecipes.com for great recipes and meal ideas, featuring Kraft. Because food deserves delicious.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.