Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Sliders topped with Asian Slaw – an easy meal that perfect for any weeknight or football party.
Genius marketing…Lay’s Potato Chips has it figured out. Opening up a contest where people suggest flavors for new chips and then creating them and narrowing it down to four finalists…is a super idea. I then I ‘have‘ to buy 4 bags of chips to ‘see‘ what I like the best. Well, except for Cappucino (could that actually be a serious contender?!)…my personal favorite are definitely the kettle cooked Wasabi Ginger. #notsponsored
If you’re looking for an easy and flavorful meal that makes dinner easy or game day delicious, these sliders are it. The work is minimal and the results are intensely flavorful. I served them alongside my favorite new chips and cucumber slices, but they’d be tasty with Potatoes Au Gratin too!
- 2½ to 3 pounds BONE-IN CHICKEN BREAST*
- ½ cup HONEY
- ½ cup SOY SAUCE
- ¼ cup BLACKBERRY JAM
- ¼ cup HOISIN SAUCE
- 2 Tablespoons OLIVE OIL
- 3 cloves GARLIC, minced
- ½ cup DICED ONION (I used frozen)
- ¼ teaspoon CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES
- 1 Tablespoon CORNSTARCH
- SLIDER ROLLS
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, jam, hoisin sauce, olive oil, garlic, onion and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Pour over chicken and cook for 4 to 5 hours on low.
- Remove chicken and cool. Shred and set aside.
- Put the liquid from the slow cooker into a sauce pan. Whisk together cornstarch and 3 Tablespoons of cold water. Add that to the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, it will take about 3 minutes to thicken.
- Serve over shredded chicken and serve on slider rolls.
- 16 oz. pkg. COLESLAW MIX
- 1 RED BELL PEPPER, thinly sliced
- 3 GREEN ONIONS, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup FRESH CILANTRO, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons RICE VINEGAR
- 3 Tablespoons CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER (I used natural)
- 1½ teaspoons SOY SAUCE
- 1½ teaspoons BROWN SUGAR
- 1 Tablespoon MINCED FRESH GINGER
- 2 teaspoons MINCED GARLIC
- SRIRACHA, to taste
- Juice of ½ LIME
- Place coleslaw mix, red pepper, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sriracha and lime juice. Pour over slaw mixture and toss together.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Honey Garlic Chicken – Just a Taste
More Game Day Favorites…