This incredible summer dessert was created using Walmart Produce as part of a sponsored post for Social Stars.
Cinnamon Streusel Peach Pie Bars are sure to be a hit at your next gathering!
There are so many things to love about each and every season…summer’s fresh fruit is one of those things, especially here in the Midwest where we really endure winter. This year I’ve been
practically hoarding enjoying all of the fresh produce I can get my hands on, I’m not sure if that’s because last winter was ridiculously harsh or the fact that it’s already August (!) and I’m not ready for summer and all of the fruits and veggies to end. #probablyboth
I wanted a rather portable dessert to take to a picnic over the weekend and pie bars were the way to go. I grabbed fresh peaches from the Walmart Produce section, which shine when combined with just a few simple ingredients. Stone fruits, like peaches, plums, cherries, apricots and more, are ready and waiting for you at your local Walmart. Did I mention their 100% money back guarantee on all their produce? It’s true, they’re all about happy customers.
A buttery crust is pressed into a 9×13 baking dish topped with fresh peach slices and sprinkled with a cinnamon streusel…seriously summer in a handheld bar. And pretty easy too. You can easily peel peaches by dropping them in boiling water for about 30 seconds, letting them cool just a few minutes and the skin comes right off. My pie-loving husband was thankful that I didn’t take the whole pan to the picnic and saved a few for him to enjoy later because he totally couldn’t get enough of these!
- 1 cup FLOUR
- ½ cup COLD BUTTER
- ½ teaspoon SALT
- 1 Tablespoon COLD WATER
- 6 cups FRESH PEACHES, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup SUGAR
- 3 Tablespoons CORNSTARCH
- 1 Tablespoon FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 2 teaspoons VANILLA BEAN PASTE (or vanilla extract)
- ¾ cup FLOUR
- ¼ cup BROWN SUGAR
- 1 teaspoon CINNAMON
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- 5 Tablespoons BUTTER, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a food processor, pulse together crust ingredients to form a dough. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together peach slices, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla bean paste. Pour peaches on top of crust.
- In a small bowl, combine streusel ingredients. Sprinkle on top of peaches.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the streusel is golden. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
More ways to enjoy fresh peaches…
Peach Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting from Lemons for Lulu
Grilled Peach Sundaes with Praline Sauce from Bubbly Nature Creations
Peach Crumble Bread from Spiced
Cherry Peach Turnovers from Deliciously Sprinkled