Quick! Grab the chips! This easy Salsa Verde Taco Dip appetizer will be gone in no time at all.
You guys…who loves a good chips and dip appetizer? I am frantically raising my hand. I do in so many ways. And this tray of appetizer goodness is just right for so many occasions…parties, game day, girl’s night in, the list could go on and on. A couple of weeks ago, we went to a birthday party where they were serving up a taco bar. I volunteered to bring some kind of a dip appetizer and this is what I made. It received rave reviews on taste and presentation and was gone in no time at all.
I was trying to think of the best way to present a dip like this and it occurred to me to try my springform pan. It was perfect! Everything layered up nicely and it was easy to serve. I LOVE the flavor and color of salsa verde, so that’s what I used here but regular salsa would also work too. If you don’t have a springform pan, you can easily use a pie plate. Feel free to layer on any extra taco toppings you might have – chopped cilantro or olives, avocado would be delicious too if you’re going to eat it right away. Any way you top it, it’s sure to go fast! 🙂
- 2 8 oz. pkgs. CREAM CHEESE
- ½ teaspoon CHILI POWDER
- ¼ teaspoon GARLIC POWDER
- ¼ teaspoon SEASONING SALT
- 1 cup SOUR CREAM
- ½ cup SALSA VERDE
- 1 cup SHREDDED LETTUCE
- 1 cup SHREDDED CHEDDAR
- ½ cup CHOPPED TOMATO
- Additional garnish - sliced green onion, chopped cilantro, chopped olives, etc.
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 30-40 seconds to soften slightly. Beat cream cheese, spices and sour cream together until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan (or a pie plate if you'd prefer). Pour salsa verde over the cream cheese layer.
- Layer on shredded lettuce, cheese, tomato and garnish with green onion, cilantro or olives.
- Remove outer ring from springform pan and place on a platter before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
More chips and dip to love…