Creamy and oh so delicious – Milky Way Ice Cream is sure to become a family favorite!
With summer in full swing, I’m sure you’re ready for a cool treat. It’s been a stunningly gorgeous holiday weekend. Ice cream is absolutely the
best right way to start off the week after a holiday…especially this ice cream. Milky Way, yep the candy bar (!), is melted down then combined with the other ingredients and chilled before churning. There are no words for this spectacular combination.
It creates an unbelievably amazing ice cream. It’s chocolate, but you certainly taste the caramel from the candy. It’s the one flavor I’d like to be hanging out in my freezer for the rest of the summer. One scoop on a sugar cone and I’m a happy camper. No seriously, please pass me the ice cream scoop! 😉
- 4 oz. MILKY WAY CANDY BARS, chopped or use the milky way bites
- ½ cup SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- 1 cup WHOLE MILK
- 1 cup HALF & HALF
- ½ cup CHOCOLATE SYRUP
- Set a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't actually touch the water.
- Add candy and sweetened condensed milk to the bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Heat milk and half & half briefly in microwave to take the chill off.*
- Remove candy mixture from heat, then whisk in milk, half and half and chocolate syrup.
- Chill 2 hours before churning in an ice cream maker.
- After churning, freeze at least 2 hours.
Makes about 1 quart
*It's important that the milk and half & half aren't super cold when you add it to the candy bar mixture so the caramel from the candy bars doesn't start to harden.
Because you can never have too many ice cream recipes…
Black Raspberry Ice Cream from Baked by Rachel
Bubble Gum Ice Cream from Make Bake Celebrate
Cinnamon Ice Cream from Shari Blogs