My Favorite Brownies from Scratch – the batter is ready in the time it takes to preheat the oven!
One evening, my husband was searching through the pantry. He doesn’t cook so it was weird.
Me: What are you looking for?
Him: A box of brownie mix or something.
Me: Seriously?! It’s like you don’t even know me!!
It’s not that I have anything against boxed brownie mix, I usually don’t buy it because I prefer this recipe. I mean what’s better than a warm, fudgy brownie?
Simple is the name of the game here…one of the reasons I have loved this recipe since tearing it out of Food Network Magazine more than two years ago. Line your 9×13 pan with foil before greasing it and you won’t have to wash it later. The batter for these brownies is made on the stove top and you can stir it all together in the same saucepan that you melt the chocolate and butter in. Another bonus for the anti-dishwashing type 😉
- ½ cup BUTTER
- 2 cups SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- ¾ cup GRANULATED SUGAR
- ¾ cup BROWN SUGAR
- 4 EGGS
- 2 teaspoons VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 cup FLOUR
- ½ teaspoon SALT
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate chips over medium-low heat. Once melted, whisk in sugars. Remove from heat and let cool just slightly.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time and then add vanilla extract. Stir in flour and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before cutting.