Minty and refreshing…Peppermint Pattie Cookies will satisfy any chocolate craving.
So…how was your weekend? We have family in town and we’ve just been hanging out enjoying the lovely weather. You know how it is before you have house guests…the big scramble to clean every crevice that has been over looked in the last few months, making sure there’s clean sheets so everyone will be comfy and getting a menu together so nobody gets hangry. That leaves little time for baking up a welcoming treat…unless you whip these babies up. They’ll be ready in no time, so you’ll have a few extra minutes to finish up the guest bedroom.
Cake mix cookies are becoming my go-to, quick
sometimes lazy gal’s version of cookies. You really can’t beat 3 or 4 ingredients mixed together and into the oven they go. I mean, it’s summer – quick and easy is the name of the game. I also love cake mix cookies because you can make them anywhere you are and you don’t have to worry about your MIL’s baking soda being past the expiration date.
Peppermint patties and minty chocolate cookies are made for each other no matter what time of year it is. In fact, they’re especially refreshing in the summer heat 😉
- 1 box DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE MIX
- 1 EGG
- ½ cup BUTTER, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon PURE PEPPERMINT EXTRACT
- 1 8 oz. pkg. YORK PEPPERMINT PATTIE MINIS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, thoroughly combine cake mix, butter, egg and extract.
- Scoop dough into 1 Tablespoon sized balls, roll until smooth and place on baking sheet. Press down slightly with your hand.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until slightly puffed and the edges start to crack.
- Press two peppermint pattie minis* into the middle of each cookie immediately after removing from the oven.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 2½ dozen cookies
More cookies to love…