Enjoy this Strawberry Mint Syrup in iced tea, lemonade or Italian sodas!
There are some afternoons that require a little pick me up…usually an ice cold drink will do it for me. One afternoon I was thinking about iced tea and I decided to mix things up a little bit and made this Strawberry Mint Syrup to add to my tea. Was that ever the right thing to do – I loved the fresh, summery flavor that it added.
Soon, if not already, gardens all over the country are going to be lush with fresh mint. This is a great recipe to use some of that minty goodness. This syrup would be lovely at a DIY drink bar – it’s perfect in lemonade and Italian sodas too. It’s easy to make up when you have a few moments and store in the fridge for when you’re ready for it. So grab your straw and get ready to be refreshed!
- 1 lbs. FROZEN WHOLE UNSWEETENED STRAWBERRIES
- 2 cups WATER
- 2 cups SUGAR
- ½ cup FRESH MINT LEAVES, coarsely chopped
- Bring strawberries, water and sugar to a boil over medium high heat. Boil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add mint leaves. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup into a clean jar or container and store, covered, in the fridge.
- Makes about 3 cups of syrup. Add about a tablespoon or more to taste to your favorite teas, lemonade or Italian sodas.
More to quench your thirst…