This Spicy Chicken Salad Sandwich is just right for quick lunch or a light dinner.
Lately, I’ve really been in love with two things…
jalapeño cream cheese spread on anything and everything
cucumber infused water ( it’s absolutely refreshing!)
The jalapeño cream cheese makes an incredible grilled cheese sandwich and is amazing on a stacked enchilada, not to mention a bagel sandwich But the day I added it to the quick chicken salad I was making for lunch, it made me seriously happy. The addition of tart cherries and almonds is a great complement to the kick of the jalapeño cream cheese. If spicy cream cheese isn’t your thing, feel free to use regular cream cheese for one of the creamiest chicken salad sandwiches you’ve ever had.
Annnnnd the cucumber infused water will have you sipping water like it’s your job. If you’ve never tried it, you honestly should. It’s simple to make, you can throw cucumber slices in a pitcher of water or in an individual glass of water. Sometimes I squeeze in a little lime or lemon to switch things up a bit. Then just watch yourself drink more water than usual…you’re welcome 😉
- 1 cup cooked CHICKEN, shredded or diced
- ¼ cup dried TART CHERRIES (roughly chopped) or CRANBERRIES
- 2 Tablespoons SLICED ALMONDS
- 2 Tablespoons JALAPENO CREAM CHEESE
- ¼ teaspoon CRUSHED GARLIC
- ¼ cup PLAIN YOGURT
- SALT & PEPPER, to taste
- 2 CROISSANTS
- RED or GREEN LEAF LETTUCE
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cherries, almonds, cream cheese, garlic and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Halve croissants, place lettuce on bottom half of each croissant. Top with chicken salad and serve.
More chicken salad variations…