Mom’s Day is just around the corner so we’re celebrating a little early today with breakfast. This Cinnamon Dutch Baby with Maple Berries is simple and delicious!
Admittedly, I am a little leery of my husband or kids actually making anything in the kitchen. My husband doesn’t cook or spend much time there (unless he’s making coffee!). I’m afraid they’ll make a big mess that they won’t clean up
my way and I’ll have to do it all over – so what’s the point of them even trying? I know, I know…it’s the thought the counts. Maybe they could give this simple breakfast recipe a try?
A dutch baby is an oven pancake and really couldn’t be any easier to make. My aunt gave all of her nieces a version of this recipe in our family hope chests several years ago. I added the cinnamon because I really love it and it makes a lovely background for the gorgeous blanket of berries you’ll be heaping on top.
To moms everywhere – enjoy a beautiful day with your families!
Bloglovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+
- For the dutch baby:
- 4 Tablespoons BUTTER, melted + 2 Tablespoons BUTTER for the pan
- 3 EGGS
- ¾ cup FLOUR
- ¾ cup MILK
- ½ teaspoon CINNAMON
- For the berries:
- 1 Tablespoon BUTTER
- 2 Tablespoons PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 2 teaspoons VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1½ cup STRAWBERRIES, chopped
- 1 cup FRESH or FROZEN BLUEBERRIES
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. While the oven is heating, put 2 Tablespoons of butter in a cast iron skillet and place in the oven to melt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 4 Tablespoons melted butter, eggs, flour, milk and cinnamon. Whisk briskly for about a minute.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and rotate the pan to coat it with the melted butter. Pour in the batter and bake for 20-22 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Place butter, maple syrup, vanilla and berries in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until combined and saucy.
- Cut dutch baby into wedges and serve topped with maple berries.
More breakfasts Mom is sure to love…
Strawberry Croissant French Toast
What a great weekend breakfast! 🙂
DessertForTwo recently posted..Comment on Pimento Grilled Cheese + Fried Pickles by Annie @Maebells
This would be great for Mother’s Day!
Danae @ Recipe Runner says
I love dutch babies! The addition of the cinnamon is perfect with those beautiful berries, such a perfect and easy breakfast. Hopefully your husband and kids will make this for you and clean up your way! 😉
Danae @ Recipe Runner recently posted..Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
Beth @ The First Year says
Becca, now my brain is thinking about how I need a cast iron skillet!
Beth @ The First Year recently posted..Orange Cream Pie
You definitely do – I love mine and use it all the time!!
Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats says
I’m right there with you when I let the family in “my” kitchen! This looks terrific Becca…PINNED!
Julie @ Julie’s Eats & Treats recently posted..Grandma’s Potato Salad
Deb @ Cooking on the Front Burner says
Thanks for sharing with us Becca at Marvelous Monday – great recipe – pinned to my party board!
Deb @ Cooking on the Front Burner recently posted..Pina Colada Dessert Cups