This post is brought to you by KC Masterpiece®.
May seems like such a busy month. End of the school year events, field trips, graduations and all the rest keep us running from one thing to the next. Easy meals are in order to keep the household running smoothly. I’m talking 5 ingredients and 20 minutes to make these BBQ Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes.
I adore dinners that make use of leftovers. It doesn’t take any more time to bake up extra potatoes and I usually try to have some shredded chicken in the freezer for an easy weeknight meal. You could also grab a rotisserie chicken if you don’t have chicken ready to go. This recipe is easily multiplied and would be perfect for feeding a crowd. These could also be made ahead of time and refrigerated until you’re ready to eat.
KC Masterpiece® is celebrating their 35th Anniversary with their Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce, which is a limited-edition anniversary blend. This Kansas City Classic blend pays tribute to their original “Blue Ribbon” sauce created by Dr. Rich Davis in 1978. Check out KC Masterpiece® on Twitter or Facebook for great grilling tips or ways to use this fantastic sauce!
This sauce was the perfect addition to these twice baked potatoes which make a great use of simple leftovers and are ready to eat in about 20 minutes. I sprinkled the tops of my potatoes with green onion and cilantro, but you could use whatever fresh herbs you happen to have on hand.
- 2 Baked Potatoes
- 1 cup Cooked and Shredded Chicken
- ¼ cup KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce + more for drizzling
- ½ cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Fresh Herbs or Green Onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. Slice potatoes lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out almost all of the flesh into a bowl. You want to leave a little bit of a shell. Place the skins in a baking dish.
- Heat flesh in microwave for about 30 seconds to warm slightly. Mash with a fork or potato masher. Add chicken, KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Divide mixture between the potato skins, they will be very full. Bake for 15-18 minutes to heat through.
- Remove from oven drizzle with additional sauce and garnish with fresh herbs or green onion if desired. Serve immediately.
KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce has been delivering authentic barbecue taste and creating culinary masterpieces for 35 years. For more recipe ideas, tips and tricks visit www.KCMasterpiece.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece®. The opinions and text are all mine.