Hot, gooey, cheesy – this Mexican Artichoke Dip has all of the components of a perfect appetizer and will be a great addition to your Cinco de Mayo spread!
You guys…there are more than a few recipes in our archives that deserve another chance in the spotlight. This dip is one that Megan shared on the blog quite a while back and I’ve been making it ever since with a few adaptations. Since Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, I thought it would be a terrific time to share it again.
Hot, cheesy and totally worthy of a bag of tortilla chips, this dip has got it going on. It’s creamy and has an almost queso-like quality to it. Great for dipping, it’s also lovely spread inside a tortilla before you add taco goodness to it. I have taken it to many a taco night and returned home with an empty dish. Seriously yum. If that wasn’t reason enough to make it, it’s super easy – mix, bake, done, please pass the chips 🙂
- 1 15 oz. can ARTICHOKE HEARTS, drained and coarsely chopped
- 7 oz. can CHOPPED GREEN CHILES
- ¾ cup MAYO
- 8 oz. MONTERREY JACK CHEESE*, shredded
- 2 cloves FRESH GARLIC, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon GROUND CUMIN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients. Spread into a baking dish or pie plate.
- Cover with foil and bake 20-25 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
More Cinco de Mayo favorites…