This Thai Coconut Soup is super easy and perfect for a cold winter’s day!
I’m truly glad that it’s the start of a new week. Because last week was one of those weeks – the kind where the dishwasher has run every load on sani-rinse and you’re doling out extra Vitamin C like it’s candy. It was hard to come home from vacation and then have all the kids laid out in the living room like it’s an infirmary just a few days later. Thankfully, they’re on the mend. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite things to make when I need a little comfort. This Thai Coconut Soup is simple to make and comes together in no time at all.
I usually keep most of these things in the pantry or fridge/freezer, so making this soup whenever I feel like it is pretty easy. I’ve made it so many times myself that I could probably make it without the recipe. I absolutely adore all of these flavors together – the ginger, coconut milk, lime, cilantro – it’s amazing and super comforting! Adding the sriracha is optional, but totally recommended 😉
- 1 teaspoon OLIVE OIL
- 1½ Tablespoons MINCED JALAPENO (I used jarred)
- 1½ Tablespoons MINCED or GRATED FRESH GINGER
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of CHICKEN BROTH
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can of LIGHT COCONUT MILK
- ½ teaspoon KOSHER SALT
- 2 pkgs. RAMEN NOODLES (discard seasoning packet)
- ¾ cup SLICED MUSHROOMS
- 1½ Tablespoons FRESH LIME JUICE
- 1 cup DICED or SHREDDED COOKED CHICKEN
- 2 Tablespoons CHOPPED FRESH CILANTRO
- SLICED GREEN ONIONS and EXTRA LIME WEDGES
- SRIRACHA SAUCE, if desired
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add jalapeno and ginger, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, coconut milk and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and add noodles. Cook for 3 minutes and add mushrooms. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, lime juice and cilantro. Heat through. Serve with additional cilantro, green onion, lime wedges and cilantro.
Recipe Source: Our Best Bites
More soup to fill the pot….